How Do I Know if I Need New Siding?May 03, 2022
How Do I Know if I Need New Siding?
The primary role of your home’s siding is to protect everything you own from the harsh elements—wind, rain, snow, hail, sleet, and more—and it’s precisely that function that will eventually lead to the need for a siding replacement. If your home is older or you suspect the wear and tear on your siding is adding up, you should inspect it to determine if it’s time for new siding. So, what are the signs that you need new siding? Our experts explain here.
Signs Your Siding Needs Replacing
House siding that needs to be replaced may have apparent exterior damage and look unattractive. If you’ve noticed any of the below signs, it’s likely time to contact a contractor for a siding replacement:
- Gaps between the structure and the siding material
- Dents, water leakage, rotting, or drafts
- Unstable interior temperature in your home
- Increasing energy bills that could be due to poor insulation
- Fading, chipping, or peeling of the siding material
It may also be beneficial to have a contractor examine the entire siding system, including the insulation, to ensure it is in good shape and up to modern standards.
New Siding Materials
So, you’ve decided it’s time to replace your siding to restore your home’s protection and appearance. When you meet with your siding contractor, you’ll be able to choose from the following options:
- Vinyl siding, which is an extremely popular and affordable option available in myriad colors. It’s also fade-resistant and low-maintenance, so it will look gorgeous for years to come.
- Fiber cement – another durable option that withstands all types of extreme weather. You can rest easy knowing that this siding material will protect your home and keep it well-insulated.
- Wood – a classic choice that provides a timeless look for your home’s exterior.
Any of these options will enhance the protection of your home, restore curb appeal, and can even lower your energy bills.
Get Started Now
Five Star Improvements can help you determine if you need new siding on your home. Learn why so many homeowners trust our services and schedule a consultation with us today!