What Are Roof Shingles?
Roof shingles are a roof covering that roofers lay in an overlapping style for maximum protection. Typically, pitched roofs use shingles. Shingles come in a flat, rectangular shape and manufacturers make them out of different materials. Common shingle materials include asphalt, wood, slate, metal, and plastic. They can come in a variety of colors, and you can also opt for square or horizontal shaped shingles.
What Is Involved in Shingle Installation?
A professional roofer will perform the following services to safely and effectively install your roof shingles:
- Safety preparation, such as building code review and mitigating fall hazards
- Roof analysis to determine shingle configuration and to plan the construction
- Deck preparation, smoothing out your roof deck, removing debris, and plugging gaps and holes
- Shingle installation from the bottom layer upwards
- Ice dam protection and ventilation installation
- Installation of roof underlayment for additional protection
- Joint and valley coverage to assist in water shedding
- Installation of hip and ridge caps
What Are the Benefits of Roof Shingles?
Roof shingles can provide numerous benefits for homeowners, including:
- A lifespan as high as 25 years
- Quick and easy installation
- Multiple colors and design options
- High cost-to-value ratio
Do you need shingle installation or repair services in the Rochester area? Contact Five Star Improvements today for a quick, professional, and top-quality roofing job!